Friday, September 28, 2007

Club Stamp Journal Project


















This month's Club Stamp Be Still (9/07) project is a handmade, pleated spine journal. It came with amazing 1/4" book boards for the covers, all of the inside pages, paper for the covers, waxed linen and needle. I made my front cover (picture on the left) by following the instructions in the Stamp Rap. It showed how to use a printed transparency and a photo for the shaker box cover. I used the edified felt from Club Scrap Academy (8/07) kit. I printed the picture of flowers from my back yard in black and white on the transparency and also printed it in color on photo paper for the back ground. In the pic it looks like its blurry but IRL it looks like 3D. There are also some random seed beads that you can see in the top right side of the cover. I made a wonderful little book mark to go with my journal (picture on the right) It is a jumbo paper clip from the Club Scrap Be Still (9/07) kit. I attached tags with gold brads and one ribbon holder brad, tied on ribbon and waxed linen, strung beads on the waxed linen and a heart charm, all are from the Be Still embellishment pack, except the gold brads are from the Autumn Splendor (10/04) kit. TFL

I plan to use this journal for my Familia group that just started last week. We have a study guide and read one chapter every 2 weeks and then get together to discuss what we read :) The teachings are based on Pope John Paul II writings. We also review the Gospel readings for the coming sunday. It is a wonderful group for me as I am new to the Catholic faith and this is a great group to ask questions and learn and meet other moms.

No comments:

Post a Comment