Tuesday's Tutorial #9
Ruth Ann's Tag Swap Book
- 8 1/2"x11" Club Scrap® papers, printed or plain, as many papers as you want pages, I used 6
- Club Scrap® grid ruler
- Club Scrap® Bookbinding, Padding and Laminating Adhesive
- Scor-it® board or ruler and bone folder
- Zutter® Bind-it-all with 5/8" or larger wire binding or hole punch and 1 1/2" or 2" binding rings
- Bone folder
- Craft Knife
- 2 Matte board pieces 6 1/4"x 5 3/4"
- 2 pieces of Club Scrap® papers cut to 6 3/4"x6 1/4" to cover the outside of the matte board
- 2 pieces of Club Scrap® papers cut to 6"x5 1/2" for the inside of the matte board.
- Foam brush
- Scrap paper to make 1"x6" binding strips
- http://www.crafttvweekly.com/ webisode called Card Keeper for instructions on how to cover the matte board. This episode is about 12 minutes but the instructions are in the first part of the show.
These great books have so many uses. Ruth Ann at http://www.clubscrapchat.com/ came up with this book to store her tags that she received in swaps. You could use this to store cards, sort photos or make a smaller size for ATCs. Send me a pic of your book at email@example.com by OCT 1. and I'll drop your name in a drawing for a box of Club Scrap goodies from me!
1. Score each 8 1/2"x11 paper in half at 5.5" horizontally, turn the paper vertical and score at 2.5" In Ruth Ann's orgiginal design she scored this section at 1.75"
2. Fold the vertical fold towards the printed or textured side of the paper, be sure to reinforce the fold with your bone folder on both sides of the fold.
3. Fold the paper back to back so the first fold makes pockets on both sides of the page. Again reinforce the folds on both sides of the fold.
4. Score each of the 1"x6" binding strips vertically in half. Reinforce these folds also.
5. Place glue on both inside sides of the 1"x6" strips and apply it to the open edge of each page to seal the pocket and reinforce the holes that will be put there.
6. When all of the pages are ready you will need to put together the matte board covers following the instructions in the link listed in the supplies.
7. The book can then be bound with Bind-it-all or punch holes in the binding strip area and bind with binding rings (see sample pics in the slide show below)
8. Don't forget to get in the drawing for Club Scrap goodies from me, send me a pic of your book by Oct.1 at firstname.lastname@example.org