Friday, January 11, 2008

Good intentions

Life's full of em! This blog is one of mine. I'm not giving up on it just yet. I would like to have a recurring article on here. I love to learn and teach scrapbooking/paper crafts. So, I am starting a Tutorial of the week article. Hopefully I will get my self organized enough to do it every Tuesday, and name it Tutorial Tuesday. I plan on gearing these toward the beginner to intermediate level paper crafter , because that is the level I feel I am at, lol. If you ever have any questions please feel free to email me at pagesofpictures@hotmail.com. If you live close enough I'll be glad to come over and show you and some friends in person.



Tutorial : POP* tri-fold card
Ingredients :


  • Any 2 same size POPs , plus some scraps to embellish with

  • Club Scrap Bookbinding, Laminating and Padding Adhesive, AKA: Club Scrap Glue

  • Scor-it Board or ruler and bone folder

  • Bone folder

  • Embellishments



*note* a POP is a "Pound Of Paper" cut into bits and pieces available from Club Scrap. I have received them in sizes like 2x6, 3x5, 4x6, 6x6, 5x7, etc.



This is my finished card made from 2 4x6 pops from the Bistro kit, Initial stamp from Interior Design, Ink in Plum from Ranger Adirondack, all from Club Scrap.













Use a Scor-it board, or ruler and bone folder to score each piece down the middle. Before folding on the score lines, overlap the papers to the finished size you desire and glue with Club Scrap glue, spread with a foam brush for even coverage.









Now fold on score lines and crease with a bone folder. Decide which color you would like on top and orient that color on the left side.











Use scraps to make triple matted square for the front of your card. Center and glue only to the left side, so you will still be able to open it :)















View of finished card standing open. I finished mine with inked edges, an embossed letter and small bow.









Email me when you try this one and I'll post em here too!


Here's another of my finished samples.








This one is from Luly, she used CS papers from A Study in Red kit and Valentines stamp. Gorgeous! TFS.
















This one is from Victoria W. using Sparkle blue plain for the back ground, mattes are Fizz silver and Sparkle blue. Stamp from Refresh. Very elegant, TFS.

This is a card I mailed to my OCAM recipient recently, it is made from Stratosphere papers and stamps from Painted Desert.

No comments:

Post a Comment